Rent Property in Malaysia as a Foreigner

Renting property in Malaysia is a fairly simple process. As a foreigner, you don’t need to provide complicated documents or financial records to the landlord. You are, however, may be required to provide (but not restricted to) any of these documents prior to the agreement:

  1. Identification
  2. Supporting visas
    Student visa for international students
    Work permit for foreign working professionals
    MM2H application details for retirees/visitors living in Malaysia under the Malaysia My Second Home program
  3. Some form of financial record

Ready to look for a place? Start searching¬†for properties for rent or if you’re a student or prefer to stay with others, you may find a room for rent instead.